ZyMōt Fertility, Inc., (“ZyMōt Fertility”, “ZyMōt”, “Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”) respects individual privacy. If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact us by emailing email@example.com, or write to us at 401 Professional Drive, Suite 130, Gaithersburg, MD 20879, USA.
For the purposes of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), ZyMōt Fertility, Inc. is the controller of your personal data.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE EU-US AND SWISS-US PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK
form.truste.com/watchdog/request. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website listed above, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. Under the Privacy Shield Framework, you have a right to access your personal data. ZyMōt Fertility’s policy for accessing your personal data is described below.
ZyMōt Fertility has implemented internal mechanisms to verify ongoing adherence to this policy. ZyMōt Fertility periodically verifies that this policy remains accurate, comprehensive for its intended purpose, and is accessible in accordance with applicable law.
DATA COLLECTION AND USE
We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to, to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you; or
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data, as follows:
- Information you provide to us. ZyMōt Fertility collects the following information (identity and contact data) when you voluntarily submit it to us: your name, home or business address, telephone number and/or email address. We collect this information when you sign up for our ZyMōt Fertility Blog, register for the ZyMōt Fertility Community Portal (“Community Portal”), or contact us using our “Contact Us” function. This information may be used by ZyMōt Fertility personnel to respond to or provide you with information that you have requested or additional information which ZyMōt Fertility believes may be of interest to you. ZyMōt Fertility may also use this information for performing marketing studies or internal business research or for other commercial purposes such as (where you have opted in to receive such information) to contact you about other products or services available from our affiliates or partners.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as e-mails, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We also periodically ask users for feedback that we use to improve our service and products and add new features. If you respond to these requests, we may keep a record of your response. In each case, we will retain that correspondence and feedback in accordance with our current Records Retention Policy and Records Retention Schedule (please see “RETENTION” below for additional details).
- Information we collect from automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies (see below for further details) and other similar technologies.
- Information we collect from third parties. We reserve the right to combine information from third parties to the information we collect about you or your device, for instance to research prospective clients. From time to time, we may purchase marketing data from third parties and add it to our existing user database, to better target our advertising and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested. To enrich our profiles of individual customers, we may tie this information to the personal data you have provided to us.
COOKIES AND LOG FILES
- Estimate the number of visitors to our Sites. Each browser that accesses ZyMōt Fertility is given a unique cookie, which is used to calculate how many people return to our Site and evaluate customer interests and behavior to target our marketing.
- Measure the traffic to various areas of the Sites. We measure the areas of the network of Web sites you visit and your visiting patterns in the aggregate. This research helps us understand the ways in which our customers are alike and the ways in which they differ. We may use this information to personalize the content and design in our Sites.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you in the following circumstances:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With third parties or agents who perform services on our behalf or help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you (i.e.: emailing or direct mail services; marketing services; web analytics);
- With third parties who may contact you about their products or services (where you have opted in to receive such marketing information);
- We may disclose the information described above when required by law or regulation or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law, comply with legal mandates, to prevent a crime or protect national security, to enforce our policies or agreements or terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ZyMōt Fertility, its employees, users and the public. Because ZyMōt Fertility is a US company and information collected on our Sites is stored in whole or in part in the United States, your information may become subject to U.S. law;
- We may disclose and transfer your information to a third party who acquires any or all of ZyMōt Fertility, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event ZyMōt Fertility becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, ZyMōt Fertility or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court; or
- When you otherwise consent.
ZyMōt Fertility is responsible for the treatment processing of personal data it receives directly under the Privacy Shield Framework, and remains liable for the treatment and processing of that data in the event of subsequent transfers of that data to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. ZyMōt Fertility complies with the Privacy Shield Principles and all applicable data protection laws, for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU or Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
ZYMOT FERTILITY COMMUNITY PORTAL/DISTRIBUTOR/CUSTOMER WEBSITE
ZyMōt Fertility’s Community Portal is a knowledge community for our customers. The broad membership represents both technical and business users across all industries, from various size organizations, and from regions around the globe. The Community Portal provides existing customers with an interactive community to facilitate the exchange of ideas and user experiences, discuss common goals and objectives for ZyMōt Fertility’s product offerings and product enhancements, promote best practices, and share information. We collect and store the information you provide to us when you register on the Community Portal, and use such information to create an account, and to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us. ZyMōt Fertility’s policy is to not share such account or profile information with third parties, unless otherwise provided herein. Information you post in public areas of the Community Portal visible to other members may be accessed, used, and stored by members, including other members in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. If you provide information in the areas of Community Portal visible to other members, other members may use your personal data to contact you for networking or other purposes. ZyMōt Fertility does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make publicly available in the Community Portal. Accordingly, we recommend that you not provide personal data on these public areas of the Community Portal, particularly sensitive personal data. You may have access to, review, update your account Community Portal profile information at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your profile, and make the necessary changes. Before providing you with a copy of your personal information or updating such information, we reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and the personal information to which you have requested access. Access to reviewing and updating your personal information may be denied or limited by ZyMōt Fertility if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and supplement our response within the timeframe required by applicable law. If you are based within the EEA, you may have additional rights, as set out below (see Your Rights (EEA Only)). If you wish to delete or close your account or account profile information altogether, please email ZyMōt Fertility at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us. An email will be sent to you to confirm that your personal data has been deleted (save for an archival copy which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). The archival copy is retained only for as long as ZyMōt Fertility reasonably considers necessary for audit or other legitimate purposes. We will also retain logs, demographic, indirect, and statistical information that may relate to you but do not identify you personally. If your personal data was previously accessed by others using our Sites, we are not able to delete the information or copies thereof from their systems. If you do not log into your account for an extended period of time, it will expire and be scheduled for deactivation. Our current expiration and deactivation period is 12 months. However, we may extend or reduce this period. Deactivation of expired accounts occurs on a periodic basis and includes the deactivation of all applicable account data including contact information. If you previously opted to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from ZyMōt Fertility or third parties; but, subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out by editing your account profile as described above. If you previously opted not to receive such communications, you may later opt-in by editing your account profile.
From time to time we send our visitors e-mail messages with announcements, enhancements, maintenance information and general updates. If you no longer wish to receive these promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or you may contact us at email@example.com. You may also request access to personal data about you that ZyMōt Fertility holds and you may have the opportunity to request a correction or amendment to your personal data. If you are based within the EEA, you may have additional rights, as set out below (see Your Rights (EEA Only)). To make changes, deactivate, or to delete your Community Portal profile, please see the Section “ZyMōt Fertility Community Portal” above.
YOUR RIGHTS (WITHIN THE EEA ONLY)
If you are located in the EEA, you have a number of rights in relation to how we process your personal data. These include:
- the right access the personal data that we may hold about you;
- the right to rectify any inaccurate personal data that we may hold about you; • the right to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances, for example, where it is no longer necessary for us to process your personal data to fulfill our processing purposes; where you object to your data being processed on certain grounds (for example, for marketing purposes) or where your personal data is being unlawfully processed; • the right to object to our processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and your interests override those interests;
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data under limited circumstances; and • the right to have your data ported to a new service provider if you no longer wish to use the Sites or our services.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to safeguard against your personal data being disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request. The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third party sites.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For further information on retention periods, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this Policy.
ZyMōt Fertility has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your information collected through the Sites, both during transmission and once we receive it. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know the same. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event a data security incident does occur, ZyMōt Fertility has adopted a Data Security Incident Response Policy. You are responsible for ensuring that your log-in credentials (your username and password) to the Community Portal are kept confidential. If you have any questions about security on our Site or our Data Security Incident Response Policy, you can email us at email@example.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. However, under the law, a business is not required to provide the above-described lists if the business adopts and discloses to the public (in
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
ZyMōt Fertility, Inc. does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and ZyMōt Fertility does not target its Sites or its products to children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you may not use our Sites.